Special interest groups have formed over the years to discuss specific concerns and issues related to academic librarianship in Ohio. The purpose and board approved procedures for managing each group are defined in the ALAO Procedures Manual.
Guidelines for forming a new interest group are also in the Procedures Manual.
Interest groups often sponsor workshops, conference program sessions, and other meetings to facilitate communication among library staff with similar professional interests and areas of responsibilities. Contact the ALAO Interest Group Coordinator for more information on forming new interest groups or affiliating your group with ALAO.
- Assessment Interest Group (AIG)
- Collection Management Interest Group (CMIG)
- Curriculum Materials Center Interest Group (CMCIG)
- Distance Learning Interest Group (DLIG)
- Instruction Interest Group (IIG)
- Special Collections and Archives Interest Group (SCAIG)
- Support Staff Interest Group (SSIG)
- Technical, Electronic, and Digital Services Interest Group (TEDSIG)
Updated October 25, 2013