Distance Learning Interest Group (DLIG)
Posted June 5, 2013
Please welcome our new incoming DLIG co-chair Carrie Girton!
The Distance learning Interest Group would like to welcome Carrie Girton
, Public Services Librarian at Miami University Hamilton. Carrie will be joining Rob Snyder
, Bowling Green State University, as DLIG co-chair. Welcome Carrie!
Updated July 27, 2012
The purpose of the Distance Learning Interest Group is to provide a statewide forum for library staff interested in distance learning services.
- to encourage discussion on topics relevant to library support for distance learners and educators
- to share information by sponsoring professional development opportunities
- to promote library involvement with distance learning programs on Ohio campuses
- to explore opportunities for cooperation with other distance learning organizations
- to promote the exchange of information with the ACRL Distance Learning Section
To hold an annual meeting that includes either a program or a roundtable discussion, to sponsor a spring workshop and contribute to the ALAO Newsletter on topics relevant to the group’s membership.
- Membership is open to any ALAO member who has an interest in library issues related to distance learning. There is no additional charge for becoming a member of DLIG. The Chair will be elected each spring from the Membership and supported by the DLIG Coordinating Committee. If interested, contact the DLIG Co-Chairs at OhioDLIG@gmail.com.
Professional Development Opportunities
Twice a year the DLIG will present two workshops including a sponsored session at the ALAO Annual Conference, and a spring workshop, held at various Ohio locations
The DLIG is a relatively new interest group of ALAO. Coordinating committee members help plan and organize the spring workshops and the group sponsored sessions at the ALAO annual conference.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact a current member of the DLIG Coordinating Committee: