Welcome to our Newest Members
(joined since April 1, 2017)
- Jill Liebisch, Northern Kentucky University/KSU-SLIS
- Lorena Popelka, Columbus State Community College
- Andrew Stuart, Ohio University
- Rachel Dilley, Columbus State Community College
- Tiffany Lipstreu, Otterbein University
- Hanna Primeau, OSU-Newark/Central Ohio Technical College
- Susan Falgner, Mount St. Joseph University
Board Members Elected for 2016-17
Vice-President/President-ElectThank you to everyone that ran for elections and voted in the election. As always, we had a strong showing from the membership.
Board Member-at-Large (3 positions)
Congratulations to Julie Deardorff, Cedarville University, winner of the 2016 Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award
Past-President Brian Gray presented the award to Julie Deardorff during the awards luncheon at the 2016 Annual Conference. Among other accomplishments, Deardorff has been particularly involved in developing an undergraduate library internship. Her contributions exemplify the high standards of the Jay Ladd Distinguished Service award, which are:
(1) been an Academic Library Association of Ohio member for at least 5 years
(2) promoted academic libraries and librarianship on his or her own campus and within the state
(3) provided sustained leadership in the promotion of Academic Library Association of Ohio, e.g., committee service, interest group chair, position on the Executive Board.
Growing for the Future:
$40 for 40 CampaignALAO members and friends are invited to celebrate ALAO's 40th anniversary with a donation to the $40 for 40 campaign, to support new and continuing initiatives. We suggest donations of $40 (any amount is welcome!) and you choose which initiative(s) to support: the Diversity Scholarship, continuing education grants, research grants, presenter grants, and/or Legislative Advocate Travel Awards. Please click here or click the Donate link at the top of the page for more information and to make your tax-deductible donation.