Welcome to our Newest Members
(joined since February 24, 2017)
- Lisa Crumit-Hancock, Defiance College
- Laura Birkenhauer, Miami University
- Sarah Lucas, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Justin Bridges, Miami University
- Wendy Bromfield, KSU SLIS
- Jonathan Moore, KSU SLIS
- Kevin Messner, Miami University
Board Members Elected for 2016-17
Vice-President/President-ElectThank you to everyone that ran for elections and voted in the election. As always, we had a strong showing from the membership.
Board Member-at-Large (3 positions)
Congratulations to Karen Plummer, University of Akron, winner of the 2015 Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award
Past-President Eboni Johnson presented the award to Karen Plummer during the awards luncheon at the Annual Conference on November 20. Plummer, Associate Professor of Bibliography and AV/Special Materials Cataloger, was recognized for her pivotal work to establish the early web presence of ALAO, including the conversion of countless documents once housed on a University of Akron server. Plummer served many years, over multiple terms, on the ALAO Executive Board and Conference Program Planning Committee, co-edited the ALAO Newsletter, served as ALAO co-webmaster and helped to lead the Distance Learning Interest Group. She has also served as a legislative advocate and on the Research and Publications Committee, in addition to her extensive service to the University of Akron and librarianship more broadly as a teacher and consultant. Her contributions exemplify the high standards of the Jay Ladd Distinguished Service award, which are:
(1) been an Academic Library Association of Ohio member for at least 5 years
(2) promoted academic libraries and librarianship on his or her own campus and within the state
(3) provided sustained leadership in the promotion of Academic Library Association of Ohio, e.g., committee service, interest group chair, position on the Executive Board.
Growing for the Future:
$40 for 40 CampaignALAO members and friends are invited to celebrate ALAO's 40th anniversary with a donation to the $40 for 40 campaign, to support new and continuing initiatives. We suggest donations of $40 (any amount is welcome!) and you choose which initiative(s) to support: the Diversity Scholarship, continuing education grants, research grants, presenter grants, and/or Legislative Advocate Travel Awards. Please click here or click the Donate link at the top of the page for more information and to make your tax-deductible donation.