Support Staff Interest Group (SSIG)
Continuing Education Opportunities
Opportunities in Continuing Education
- Infopeople.org: offers both online LSSC-Approved Courses and additional continuing education training.
- OCLC WebJunction - Free CE webinar opportunities.
- Ohio Library Support Staff Institute - An annual educational event for support staff members from all types of libraries - many SSIG members have lent their knowledge and skills to this event. OLSSI news can also be obtain via their Twitter feed.
- OhioLearns - A catalog of distance education courses offered by Ohio institutions, provided by the Ohio Learning Network.
- Belmont College, which offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in Information Services: Library Paraprofessional. All courses are web-based. Belmont College is the only college in the state of Ohio that offers online LSSC-Approved college level courses.
- Bowling Green State University, which offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Advanced Technology Education. It is an online degree completion program for students who have completed an associate of applied science degree.
- RUSA - Reference and User Services Association provides online courses and webinars for staff seeking additional training with general library services and materials, and the provision of reference and information services, collection development, readers’ advisory, and resource sharing for all ages, in every type of library.
- State Library of Ohio - The State Library of Ohio offers training and professional development opportunities for Ohio library staff.
- SWON Libraries Consortium - Providing support to help library staff improve their job performances with customized continuing education available to the entire region.