Instruction Interest Group (IIG)
Provide a statewide forum for library staff involved in library instruction and information literacy.
- Share teaching expertise and resources
- Support continuing education activities
- Promote the instructional role of academic libraries
- Sponsor a session at the association's annual conference.
- Hold a spring workshop.
- Regularly contribute instruction-related content to the ALAO Newsletter.
- Encourage communication among librarians involved in library instruction through submissions to the ALAO Newsletter.
- Maintain and contribute instruction-related content to the IIG Blog.
Any ALAO member who is interested in library instruction and information literacy is welcome to participate in IIG.
- Two co-chairs, serving staggered two-year terms.
- Planning Committee is formed annually by a call for volunteers in the ALAO Newsletter. This committee works on items such as planning the spring workshop and the annual conference information table.
Planning committee members help plan and organize the spring workshop, group sponsored session at the ALAO annual conference and the annual conference information table. For more information or to volunteer, please contact IIG Co-Chairs Dana Knott and Melissa Bauer.
Online Learning Librarian
Kent State University, Stark