This Interest Group will enable librarians working with students pursuing two year degrees or technical certificates to share experiences, expertise and solutions.
Topics of interest to members of the group can include but would not be limited to:
- Librarianship from a two year perspective including reference, instruction, assessment, collection development, student workers, personnel, budget, management, leadership
- Library staff members with responsibilities beyond traditional library roles
- Transition from emphasis on open access enrollment to emphasis on student success and completion
- Collaboration with other departments on campus
- Preparing students transferring to other schools
- Identify and recruit members who are interested in topics related to libraries in community and two year colleges.
- Foster communication and collaboration among those interested in community college and two year libraries.
- Develop an administrative and leadership structure for the group that will help ensure organizational growth and success for the future.
- Establish an online presence that will facilitate communication among group members.
- Identify topics and opportunities for offering conversations and experience sharing among those interested in community college and two year libraries.
- Present sharing opportunities (at least one per year) that help those interested in two year and community college libraries share experiences, expertise and solutions.
- Identify opportunities to advocate for and advance libraries in two year and community college associations (for example, OATYC and OACC).
- Communicate group activities and information with ALAO and the wider library community.
- The beneficiaries of this interest group will be those interested in community college and two year libraries.
For more information see the Procedures Manual