Your support helps provide funding for
- the Diversity Scholarship, awarded annually to a student representing a minority group and pursuing a Master's degree in Library and Information Science;
- continuing education grants for members selected through a competitive process;
- presenter grants for one student and one support staff member giving presentations at the annual conference, selected through a competitive process;
- research grants to members, awarded through a peer-review process; and
- Legislative Advocate Travel Awards. Two awards are given annually for members participating in the American Library Association Library Legislative Day, to meet with congressional members and staff in Washington, D.C.
Please be generous in support of your professional association. ALAO is a not-for-profit organization, and your donations are tax-deductible.