HISTORY: TEDSIG was founded in 1993 as the Technical Services Interest Group (TSIG). The interest group’s name and scope was changed in June 2007 to Technical, Electronic, and Digital Services Interest Group (TEDSIG) to better reflect the evolving status of the group’s constituents in traditional and emerging technologies. TEDS, a white teddy bear, is the official mascot of TEDSIG.
Rich Wisneski (Term 2015-2017)
Michael Schwartz Library
Cleveland State University
Email: r.wisneski [at] csuohio.edu
Cara Calabrese (Term 2016-2018)
Academic Resident Librarian
Miami University of Ohio
Email: calabrcm [at] miamioh.edu
Co-Chairs serve overlapping terms and are selected annually in early spring.
TEDSIG Steering Committee
- The primary responsibility of the ALAO TEDSIG Steering Committee is to increase opportunities for TEDS librarians and staff to participate in ALAO. This is accomplished through the delivery of member services such as program planning for the Spring Meeting and the Annual Conference, through the distribution of information of interest to technical services librarians and staff, and in other ways.
- The Steering Committee is comprised of the 2 Co-Chairs and any interested parties.
- TEDSIG Co-Chairs are elected by Steering Committee membership to two year terms, commencing in alternate years to facilitate overlap in leadership. TEDSIG Co-Chairs do not have to have previously served as Committee members, but it is recommended.
- Members of the TEDSIG Steering Committee will serve one year terms running from one ALAO Leadership Retreat in June to the next. If a Committee member does not contact one of the Co-Chairs to specifically resign from the Committee it will be assumed they wish to remain active for another year.
- Members are expected to attend at least one meeting per year. Meetings are held during the annual conference and at the Spring Meeting. Ad hoc meetings may be called at the discretion of the Co-Chairs to plan events or discuss topics of interest. All other communication will take place electronically.
- One Committee member will focus their activities on growing the ALAO TEDSIG membership and serve one year term as TEDSIG Membership Chair. Membership Chair may be reappointed by the Co-Chairs for successive years.