Members of this group will work to identify, address, and promote programming, outreach, and marketing issues that impact libraries and higher education.
Topics of interest that members of the group will investigate include:
- Outreach from the library to “smaller” collections around campus
- Outreach from campus libraries to the surrounding communities
- Unpaid labor of outreach librarians
- Student success, engagement, and retention
- Assessment of programs, social media “reach,” etc.
- Marketing, publicity, and communications
- Collaborating with other campus departments to execute programs, etc.
- Reaching special student populations including but not limited to: international, non-traditional, at-risk, transfer, military-affiliated, multicultural, and first-generation
- First Year Experience programs
- Identify and recruit members of the Ohio academic library community who have an interest in or who do programming, outreach, and marketing work as a regular part of their job responsibilities
- Foster communication and collaboration among members of the interest group, ALAO, and the Ohio academic library community regarding programming, outreach, and marketing issues
- Advance and promote programming, outreach, and marketing initiatives within the state of Ohio, across the nation, and internationally by partnering with colleagues, similar interest groups, and other professional library associations
This interest group will comprise members of the ALAO community who have an interest in or who perform programming, outreach, and marketing as a regular part of their job responsibilities.
The primary beneficiaries of this interest group will be its members who will develop knowledge and expertise that will help them better address programming, outreach, and marketing initiatives that they encounter as part of their professional responsibilities.
This group will help support the mission of ALAO by identifying, studying, and promoting the programming, outreach, and marketing initiatives that are relevant to libraries and educational institutions in Ohio, and by providing the personnel of academic libraries opportunities to learn about, implement, promote, and assess these initiatives within their campus communities.
To subscribe to the list, you can:
(1) Send an email to: email@example.com
(2) Go here and subscribe: https://groups.google.com/a/alaoweb.org/d/forum/promig/join
List members can post a message to the list by:
(1) Using Google’s web forum interface
(2) Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from the group:
(1) Send an email to: email@example.com