Value of Academic Libraries
- Offer Conference and/or workshop sessions on how to effectively communicate to administration and faculty the importance of libraries and their role in the education of Ohio students.
- Identify and promote relevant statewide higher education organizations important to faculty and administration.
- Collaborate with other organizations to provide professional development opportunities.
- Offer programs & workshops to meet the needs of library professionals, support staff, and SLIS students
- Strengthen relationships with the Kent State SLIS and develop relationships with other library schools.
- Build and retain core ALAO memberships while recruiting from new and diverse communities.
- Increase recognition of the value of libraries by leaders in: higher education, information technology, funding agencies, and campus decision making.
- Build awareness of and encourage participation in ACRL advocacy activities.
- Support libraries in their understanding and implementation of current and emerging pedagogies and literacies.
Research and Scholarly Environment
- Highlight publications and awards by ALAO members in appropriate venues.
- Continue offering programming for those interested in research and publishing.
- Continue developing ways to make content from ALAO events available in a digital format. Continue to support scholarship within the organization.
- Pilot a mentoring program.
reviewed, amended 7/12/16