Additional Sources of FundingUpdated November 12, 2014
The Research and Publications Committee has compiled the following list of Web sites to help members find funding for their research projects.
- Kerry Smith's The Researching Librarian site is a great resource for funding information and guidance on research and publication.
- The Medical Library Association's Suggestions for Publishing Support page offers tips on funding, writing, and publishing research work.
- The Institute of Museum and Library Services has information on Library Services and Technology Act grants which, in Ohio, are administered through the State Library of Ohio. There is also a direct link to LSTA Minigrants, administered by the State Library of Ohio, which are available for academic libraries.
- The American Library Association's Grants & Fellowships Index lists opportunities sponsored by ALA and its divisions.
- The Society of Research Administrators' GrantsWeb has useful information on federal and private assistance for research along with tips on proposal writing and legal issues associated with funding.
- The Community of Science's Funding Opportunities page provides a searchable database of research funding (subscribers only). You can also set up a profile of your research interests so that interested colleagues and funders can contact you (free to all).
Do you know of an additional site with research grant information? E-mail the committee chair so that your site can be added to the list.