Research and Publications Committee
Sources of Funding
Selected Web Sites
Updated February 20, 2007
The Research and Publications Committee has compiled the following list of Web sites to help members find funding for their research projects.
- Kerry Smith's The Researching Librarian site is a great resource for funding information and guidance on research and publication.
- The Medical Library Association's Suggestions for Publishing Support page offers tips on funding, writing, and publishing research work.
- The Institute of Museum and Library Services has information on Library Services and Technology Act grants which, in Ohio, are administered through the State Library of Ohio. There is also a direct link to LSTA Minigrants, administered by the State Library of Ohio, which are available for academic libraries.
- The American Library Association's Grants & Fellowships Index lists opportunities sponsored by ALA and its divisions.
- The Society of Research Administrators' GrantsWeb has useful information on federal and private assistance for research along with tips on proposal writing and legal issues associated with funding.
- The Community of Science's Funding Opportunities page provides a searchable database of research funding (subscribers only). You can also set up a profile of your research interests so that interested colleagues and funders can contact you (free to all).
- The Steven I. Goldspiel Memorial Research Fund offers an annual grant for research projects which promote research on and advancement of library sciences.
Do you know of an additional site with research grant information? E-mail Mark Eddy at email@example.com so that your site can be added to the list.