The ALAO Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit proposals for presentations, poster sessions, and spotlight sessions that bring new, exciting, and practical ideas and approaches that can be used in all academic library settings. This year’s conference theme “ Constant Change, Constant Opportunity”, looks at the challenges facing our libraries as budgetary, institutional, occupational, technological, and other changes force us to adapt and alter the way we provide and offer services to our users and communities .
The ALAO Conference Program Committee invites you to share your experiences, practical solutions, expertise, or innovative practices by submitting a proposal for a conference presentation, poster session, and spotlight sessions. Presenters are encouraged to develop creative proposals that show thoughtful exploration of the conference theme.
- Proposals for presentations, poster sessions, and spotlights will be blind-reviewed for content, relevance to the conference theme, and overall appeal. A concise, clearly written description and abstract will help the reviewers evaluate your offering more clearly.
- Exclude the name of your institution, department and any personal names in the abstract to expedite the blind review process. You do not need to exclude this information in the brief description.
- You will be contacted regarding your a-v/technology requirements when your proposal is accepted.
- All presenters will be responsible for their own registration and travel costs.
- Please print a copy of the completed form for your records before submitting.
- You will receive an email confirmation upon submission. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact:
Ms. Katie Gibson for Presentation and Spotlight Proposals – email@example.com
Ms. Masha Misco for Poster Session Proposals – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the above committee members if you have any questions.
- Need help? Here is a PDF document describing the online proposal process.
ALAO provides financial support of $150 to assist and encourage support staff members and library science students whose presentation proposals will be considered by the Program Committee for the 2011 ALAO Annual Conference. All grant applications will be considered by the Program Committee and more than one recipient may be chosen. Please indicate on your program proposal if you are support staff or a library science student for consideration.
Additionally, support staff must complete and submit an online application for the grant. Library science students must also complete an online application. Applications should be completed at the same time you are submitting your proposal for full consideration.