Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO)
Research Grant Application
January 1, 2016 ‐ December 31, 2016
The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) seeks to promote research, and each year the ALAO Executive Board may award up to $2000.00
to support and encourage research projects proposed by ALAO members. Both ongoing and new research projects are considered. Grants are intended to help in funding such incremental research costs as the organization of data, the hiring of interviewers or other assistants, charges for computer time, and modest travel costs associated with research. Grants may not be used for purchase of equipment. Grants are limited to investigations related to issues in libraries, librarianship, and information science and technology.
Applicant must be a current member of ALAO.
January 19th, 2016
CRITERIA FOR THE APPLICATION FORM:
- Applicant Information
- Co-applicant(s) contact information
- Preferred mail option
- Estimated project start date
- Estimated project ending date
- Note plans for reporting results [For example, note name of possible journal, conference or workshop presentation, etc.]
- How will time for the project be obtained/arranged?
- Grant Proposal Essay
- Project summary
- Research objectives
- Brief literature review
- Proposed methodology
- Project timeline
- Budget Worksheet
- Funds requested
- Rationale [List the projected expenses for the project. Consider all direct and indirect costs, such as staff time, printing and postage, supplies, and services required to complete the work. Clearly identify which expenditures will be met by ALAO Research Grant funds.]
- Does the project make use of other funding sources? [Note any other anticipated sources of support for the project and email any supporting evidence (i.e., a letter from your institution) to the Chair of the Research & Publications Committee.]
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, REQUIRED:
Email a current curriculum vitae from the named applicant(s) to Heidi Gauder, Chair of the Research & Publications Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals are considered by the Committee in consultation with the ALAO Executive Board. To avoid a conflict of interest, current members of the Committee are not eligible for grant awards. Further, no member of the Research and Publications Committee evaluates proposals received from a colleague at the Committee member's institution. In judging proposals, the Committee considers such matters as the uniqueness of the work, the importance of the results to academic libraries, relationship to other similar work, proposed methodology, and the clarity and completeness of the proposal itself. Preference will be given to projects which are to be completed in less than two years. Applicants may be asked to provide further information during the review process.
AWARD NOTIFICATION AND POST-PROJECT REPORT
Grant recipients will be notified by the Chairperson of the Committee by March 15th of the award year. Any award(s) will be announced at both the ALAO Annual Conference and in the ALAO Newsletter. Recipients are not required to attend the annual conference in order to receive the grant. The grantee will submit a summary of the results of the project to the ALAO Research and Publications Committee within two months of completing the work. The Committee will submit the summary or an abstract of the report for publication in the ALAO Newsletter. The Committee also encourages grantees to submit reports and articles for publication in the professional literature.
Contact the Chair of the Research & Publications Committee