Curriculum Materials Center Interest Group (CMCIG)
CMCIG 2013 Workshop - Common Core State Standards Unraveled
More details and registration on events page
Friday, May 17, 2013
University of Cincinnati, Teachers College Rm. 430, 2610 McMicken Circle Cincinnati, OH 45221-0219
Learn the basics about the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), electronic resources that support the CCSS in the classroom, and what the CCSS looks like when implemented in the classroom. In the afternoon, tour the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Downtown Cincinnati.
Lunch will be provided by Panera Cafe.
For more information contact:
- Cheryl Ghosh: Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 556-1758
- Stephanie Bange: email@example.com or (938) 775-2050
8:30 – 9:00am
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Teachers College, Rm. 430
9:00 – 10:00am
Just What Are the Common Core State Standards and How Will They Affect Me?
Bob Reynolds (Battelle for Kids), will unpack the CCSS, giving us an idea of the types of changes in thought/teaching that will be required for the standards to be implemented. Additionally, he will highlight what Battelle is developing to support teachers and students.
10:00 – 10:15am
10:15 – 11:00am
Resources That Support CCSS Available Through INFOhio
Tom Shessler will open up and demonstrate some of the resources that INFOhio has gathered for teachers to use in their classrooms to support students.
11:00 – 11:30am
Tour of the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH) Library
11:30 – 12:15pm
The Common Core in Action in the Classroom
Dr. Richele O’Connor (Wright State University) will show how the CCSS works in a classroom so we can help prepare pre-service teachers implement them.
12:15 – 1:30pm
Lunch / Business Meeting
1:30 – 2:00pm
Travel to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
2:00 – 3:15pm
Tour of the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
3:15 – 3:30pm
Complete Evaluations (chocolate involved)
311 Straight Street
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Printable flyer (PDF) is available.
ALAO members could browse the information from the past workshops, and download PDFs of shared programs. Join now and than visit the Past Workshops page.
CMCIG Purpose, Goals and Objectives
Posted February 13, 2007
- The purpose of the Curriculum Materials Center Interest Group is to provide opportunity at a statewide level for CMC personnel to meet and exchange information.
The following goals are addressed by the CMCIG:
- To address mutual issues or problems related to Curriculum Materials Centers that can be discussed in a group setting for the purpose of generating ideas and solutions.
- To share ideas and information regarding Curriculum Materials Centers by sponsoring or co-sponsoring programs and workshop.
- To provide opportunity for networking between CMC's through the publication of a directory of Curriculum Materials Centers.
- To promote the interests of CMC and CMC personnel through contributions to the ALAO Newsletter.
- To support continued professional development of CMC personnel to insure high standards of service to education programs in the state (Ohio).
- To be determined annually by the Chair of the Interest Group in consultation with Members.
- The Interest Group will consist of ALAO members who have expressed an interest in curriculum materials. The Chair will be elected each spring from the Membership.